BUILDING STATS & BRIDGE REPORT
The
Book


Book
Excerpts


Book
Reviews


Photos &
Artwork


Children's
Stories


Slug &
Humphrey

Salmon Idaho
News and
Feature
Articles

About
Leslie


Contact
Leslie


BUILDING REPORT 5-11-15 LMS

Lemhi Building Administrator Gary Goodman told the Lemhi County Commissioners Monday, May 11, that his office has been very busy as the number of building permits being purchased continues to increase.

He said 51 building permits have been issued since January 1 which is way above last year at this time. He said considerably more permits than that have been issued since the beginning of the fiscal year on October 1, 2014. Goodman said the usual average value for the year is around six and a half million dollars. He said the current value at seven months into this fiscal year, not including May, stands at $ 5.5 million which equates to 82 percent of a full year. With another five months to go he predicts this year will be well above average.

Goodman said the typical amount of building permit fees collected annually is about $60,000. At seven months into this fiscal year, which is 58 percent of the year, $40,000 in fees has been collected. The Shopko store was part of the 2014 fiscal year so it is not reflected in this year’s numbers.

When asked about the new general store in Baker Goodman said it is a 6,000 square foot store that plans on stocking everything from groceries to hardware. Its goal is to specialize in products built by the Amish along with other things known to be needed in the community. He said his office has received a great deal of positive comment about the new store.

Another new project Goodman mentioned is the automated pharmacy being added to Saveway Market. There will also be two pharmacists on duty.

Commissioner Chairman Rick Snyder said the building department has always been a good barometer of what the community is doing.

In regards to the status of the Rattlesnake Bridge project, the Boise engineering firm of Deere & Ault Consultants Inc. is scheduled to drill deeper test holes at the site on May 14 to verify previous information. The county is planning to have a design/build Request for Proposal published on May 22. In addition to the regular publication the project request will also be placed on web sites.

Commissioner John Jakovac said 60 percent of the design work on the bridge project has been done and the upper above-deck steel structure has been purchased. The remaining 40 percent of the work, including the crane rental, will all be included in the May 22 bid request. He said the project is hopefully still on schedule for the July work window.






Back to County News.

Want the latest headlines as soon as they are added?
Check out our new News Alert subscription service.


Table of Contents - - New Articles

Leslie Shumate Home Page - View Our Home Town - Salmon Valley Chamber
Senator Craig